If Facebook was a country, it would be the 3rd largest on the planet. So how is this information valuable? This statement means a lot of people are sharing and communicating on Facebook! A lot of these people are general consumers and probably include one or many of your niche markets. Meaning, you can deliver your message directly to your audience through the use of one media channel instead of multiple media outlets. With Facebook advertising you can grow your audience more intuitively than ever before.
- Create a custom landing page. Many pages are currently set up to have the wall as the page a user sees when they first enter. The user will see the type of information you post, but it’s like coming through the back door. Think of your Facebook page similar to a physical store. What do you want consumers to see, a welcoming storefront or the hustle and bustle of the inside? A custom landing page should be the first thing users see when they visit your profile; an interactive or creative landing page with visuals rather than text will grab the visitor’s attention.
- Include your newsletter opt-in form. So here is a question. What if some of your fans are not heavy Facebook users? If they are not, they are probably missing tons of your wall posts. Having them sign-up for a newsletter within Facebook will allow your fans to stay up to date with your company.
- Don’t spam. Many companies are constantly posting on Facebook, BUT they are posting the wrong things. They are posting promotion after promotion, and this gets very annoying. Post valuable information to your wall like: company news, community news, community events, and you can always promote your clients or other business you network with. In addition, Facebook allows you to interact with your clients and post comments on their post as well. Get creative with your post!
- Use relevant keywords. Some people are on Facebook all day and literally use Facebook as their search engine. For example, if I am on Facebook and I want to find a local florist, all I have to do is type in “Houston florist” in Facebook’s search bar. I will then get results of all the flower companies in Houston, TX that have Facebook pages. This is a free listing service that you don’t have to pay for. Just make sure you are using relevant keywords users will be using; this is like doing your own SEO within Facebook.
- Ask fans to share your page. Do not be shy to ask your fans to share your page. If you are providing relevant information, chances are they will most likely want to share your page with their friends anyway. Plus, the more Likes you get, the more popular you are on Facebook.
- Give visuals. Share videos and pictures you may already have with your fans. Start with the inside view of your offices, your employees, your work, etc. Again, be creative with the things you show your audience.
- Promote with a Facebook icon. Promote your Facebook page in all ways possible. Put a small Facebook icon on your website, marketing collateral, signs, invoices, envelopes and in as many places as possible. This way people will know you have a Facebook page and can search for you on Facebook.
These are just some of the things you can do with your Facebook Page. For help with additional creative strategies for your Facebook page, contact us at www.softwaysolutions.com or 281.914.431. Our team will be glad to help you set up your profile page, landing page and give you ideas on how to get the most out of your Facebook page.