Google+ is a social network site that allows you to stay connected with family, friends and colleagues; Google+ Pages are brand pages for businesses. Google+ released business pages back in November 2011. A few companies have already developed their Google+ Page while others have not. Some businesses don’t know how to set up a Google+ Page nor have the time to set up the page. Recently, Google+ released administrator capabilities for Google+ Pages to allow multiple users to administer the page. So what is stopping you from setting up your page? Don’t know how? Then keep reading and will be able to help. Don’t have time? Well, “time” is on you my friend.
Setting Up a Google+ Page
1. Using your Gmail account log into your Google+ profile.
2. Once you have logged into your profile, on the right side of the screen click “Create a Google + page.”
3. Next, you will have to pick a category. There are currently five categories to choose from:
- “Local Business or Place” which are local, consumer based businesses like hotels, restaurants or coffee shops.
- Product or Brand
- “Company, Institution or Organization” which are larger entities.
- Arts, Entertainment or Sports
4. Your page has now been created and the next thing to do is get the word out. Tell everyone about your Google+ Page so they can add your Google+ Page to their circle(s).
5. Edit your page by making sure your page is up to date with profile, videos, or content.
6. Finally, make sure to promote the Google+ Page icon on your website and other marketing collateral.
Getting started with Google+ Pages may seem a little scary, and the thought of managing the page may be a nightmare. Allows us to help you sooth that dream into a happily ever after dream by letting us help you set up your Google+ Page and managing the page. For more information, please contact us at www.softwaysolutions.com or 281.914.4381. Good night and sweet dreams.