You have hired a company to build your website and it is ready to go live. STOP! Have you checked their work to make sure they did everything right? Have you tested the functionality of the website to make sure everything works as expected. Many people neglect this process, only to realize later on that the website development company made mistakes, and the website development company cannot provide any more services without more money. Prior to writing that last check, make sure to use the following website checklist to make sure all is in order with your website.
-Check the site yourself to ensure everything is working properly
-Check functionality. For an eCommerce site, check the following for functionality
- Make sure items you have added in the shopping cart add up accordingly.
- Verify that tax calculations are correct
- Validate credit card transactions to see if payments are being processed correctly.
- Make sure that payments are conducted under a secure mode by seeing https:// rather than http:// in the address bar.
- After a payment has been processed, make sure customers receive an email thanking them for their shopping. This provides more security for the end user.
-Make sure the links are going where they are supposed to go.
-Make sure anchor text is directing the user to the correct page.
-Visit your website using different internet browsers to check for browser compatibility.
-Check that design elements are aligned, including logos and text.
-Make sure the website does not jump when navigating through different pages.
-Definitely perform a spelling and grammar check.
Although the website checklist may seem easy, many companies do not have a quality assurance or quality control system implemented. Even if the company uses testers they won’t necessarily see what is important to you. At Softway Solutions we have various people ensuring that the final work we present to the client is error and bug free. To get a quote for your website, visit us at www.softwaysolutions.com or call 281.914.4381.